Diverse has been one of our most popular themes. However, being the first theme to be coded, it was coded the longest ago. I’m not one for letting code go stale, and having to work with Diverse almost every day, I finally decided it was time for an update. I tracked the changes in Git, and I made over 80 commits, including a few fixes, and a bunch of updates. Some of the important updates include:
- Updated all jQuery plugins to latest version, or new scripts (see:
jquery.jcarousellite.js), as well as updated the Diverse jQuery.
- Galleries and Videos are now handled through Post Formats
get_template_part()is now being properly utilized, and incorrect calls now use
- Built in Custom Headers and Custom Backgrounds
- A few Theme Options have been removed. Please use a plugin instead.
- All Widgets have been updated and optimized. Popular Posts is now cached for improved speed.
- Recently Discussed tab now properly loads posts.
- CSS Updates and Tweaks to match the updated jQuery plugins, as well as some minor fixes.
- Searchform fixes
- Image Gallery Page Template fixes
- Tipsy Plugin now uses more default styling
- Featured Explorer navigation properly aligned.
- Add Featured Images to RSS has been removed, as it was not properly supported by the WooFramework
- The theme no longer loads a 404 for
For people who have not modified the theme at all, this update should work fine. The only thing that changes is you will need to reassign your Gallery and Video posts to use the Video or Gallery post format, instead of a category.
If you have edited theme files, or CSS without using a Child Theme, please do not simply overwrite your files. You will need to manually add your changes back in, and this time use a Child Theme! If you have only edited the CSS, you should be able to replace all of the files except the CSS, and then manually update the fixes included in this update. Or redo it using a child theme!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post in the Support Forums.